CTEK MXS5.0 12 Volt Battery Charger
CTEK MXS5.0 12 Volt Battery Charger
The MXS 5.0 is a charger that offers state of the art technology that was previously only found in CTEK's professional product range. The charger can solve a broad range of battery-related problems and is the perfect charger for those with high demands.
The MXS 5.0 offers features such as battery diagnosis that shows if a battery can receive and retain a charge, a special reconditioning function that restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries, unique maintenance charging, a mode for optimised charging during cold winter days and the charging of demanding AGM batteries (i.e. Optima). The unique display allows the user to follow the entire charging process.
The MXS 5.0 is a fully automatic 8-step charger that delivers selectable 0.8 A or 5 A to 12 V batteries from 1.2–110 Ah and is suitable for maintenance charging up to 160 Ah. The charger is IP65 classified (splash and dust proof), designed to protect vehicle electronics and non-sparking, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit proof. It is delivered with a 5-year warranty.
- Input voltage: 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output voltage: 14.4V, 14.7V, 15.8V
- Charging current: 5A
- Ripple <4%
- Ambient Temperature -20 deg.C to +50 deg.C, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures.
- Charger Type Eight step, fully automatic charging cycle.
- Batteries 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, Calcium/Calcium and GEL)
- Battery size 1.2-110Ah
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 168x65x38mm
- Insulation IP 65
- Weight 0.6kg
- Quick coupling - Yes
- Fully automatic charging and maintenance in 8 steps maximizes battery life and performance
- Numerous accessories simplifies using the same charger for multiple batteries
- One charger for the car, motorcycle, lawn mower, snowmobile, sump pump and tractor
- Water-resistant so that the solution could be taken to the problem even if it rains or snows
- Patented maintenance charge for a unique combination of maximized life and performance
- Recondition of deep discharged batteries
- Patented desulphation that extends the battery life
- No sparks, short-circuit proof and reverse-polarity protected for untroubled usage
- Automatic detection of end-of-life batteries that eliminates surprises
Key Technical Data
|Charging Current||Max 5A|
|Type of Charger||8 step, fully automatic charging cycle|
|Type of Battery||12V lead-acid batteries|
|Battery Capacity||1.2-110 Ah, up to 160 Ah for maintenance|
|Insulation||IP65 (splash and dust proof)|
Connect and Forget
CTEK's Unique 8 Step Charging
Step 1 Desulphation
Pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
Step 2 Soft Start
Tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK.
Step 3 Bulk
Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
Step 4 Absorption, Ready to Use
Charging with declining current to maximise up to 100% battery capacity.
Step 5 Analyse
Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
Step 6 Recond
Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries.
Step 7 Float, Fully Charged
Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
Step 8 Pulse, Maintenance Charging
Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.
About CTEK Chargers
CTEKS chargers are the smallest battery chargers in the world, designed and developed in Sweden. They are highly versatile, easy to use, compact battery chargers and proven award winners.
CTEK chargers are ideally suited to a wide range of applications, including cars, caravans, motorbikes, trucks, boats, jet skis, ride on mowers, tractors and virtually any other situation where a lead acid, traction or leisure battery is used.
CTEK chargers are both rechargers where batteries are low, and maintenance chargers where you want the charge to maintain the state of the battery over long periods.
CTEK chargers are supplied OE to Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Lamborghini and Harley Davidson.