CTEK MXTS70 Ultimate Workshop Charger
CTEK MXTS70 Ultimate Workshop Charger
The MXTS 70 is a very powerful workshop charger with state of the art technology. It is developed to serve both 12 V and 24 V batteries, offers very sophisticated technology and is extremely user friendly. The MXTS 70 features different displays showing the status of charging, charge voltage, current, charge time (h), and energy indication (Ah) for battery condition control.
The MXTS 70 is equipped with all necessary features and functions required for professional battery care at a workshop, such as:
- Selectable modes for optimal battery size adaptation
- Selectable power supply program for constant voltage output of 13.6 V (max 70 A) or 27.2 V (max 35 A)
- Patented desulphation function
- Reconditioning function to restore stratified and deeply discharged batteries
- Unique float/pulse maintenance charging
- Diagnostic features to determine if a battery can receive and retain a charge
- Temperature sensor for optimised charging at all times.
The MXTS 70 is a fully automatic 8-step charger that delivers selectable 70 A/12 V or 35 A/24 V to batteries from 40-1500 Ah for 12 V and 20-750 Ah for 24 V. The charger is IP20 classified, housed in heavy duty aluminium for rough environments and designed to protect vehicle electronics. It is non-sparking, reverse polarity protected, and short-circuit proof. The MXTS 70 is delivered with a 2-year warranty.
- Input voltage: 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output voltage: Max 15,8V/31,6V
- Charging current: 70A
- Ripple: less than 4%
- Ambient Temperature: -20°C to +50°C
- Cooling: Fan
- Charger Type: 8 step, fully automatic, charging cycle with adjustable parameters
- Batteries: All types of 12V/24V lead-acid batteries (WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and GEL)
- Battery size: 12V:40-1500Ah, 24V: 20-750Ah
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 332x178x80mm
- Insulation: IP 20
- Weight: 3,6kg (without charger cable)
- Selectable battery voltage 12 V or 24 V
- Selectable maximum charge current for battery size adaption. Currents selectable from 20 A to 50 A in 10 A step for 12 V and 10 A to 25 A in 5 A step for 24 V systems
- Unique 8 step charge algorithm for perfect battery care
- Two step maintenance charge to handle parallel DC consumers during charging
- Selectable power supply mode for constant voltage output of 13.6 V, max 70 A or 27.2 V, max 35 A
- Local interface with charger status and a large charge voltage and current display
- Value display for charge time [h] and energy [Ah] indication for battery condition control
- Housed in heavy duty aluminium housing for rugged professional use
- Equipped with a patented battery desulphation program
- Battery analysis after completed charge cycle to report faulty battery
- Recond program to even out cell charge levels of deeply discharged batteries
- Optional battery temperature compensation of charge cycle. Just plug the sensor in the charger and activate the temperature compensation
- Fully protected against short circuit and reverse polarity of charge cables
- Detachable cables and heavy duty clamps.
Key Technical Data
|Charging Voltage||Max 16 / 32V|
|Charging Current||Max 70/35A|
|Type of Charger||8 step, fully automatic charging cycle with adjustable parameters|
|Type of Battery||All types of 12V/24V lead-acid batteries|
|Battery Capacity||12V: 40-1500 Ah, 24V: 20-750Ah|
CTEK's Unique 8 Step Charging
Step 1 Desulphation
Pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
Step 2 Soft Start
Tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK.
Step 3 Bulk
Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
Step 4 Absorption, Ready to Use
Charging with declining current to maximise up to 100% battery capacity.
Step 5 Analyse
Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
Step 6 Recond
Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries.
Step 7 Float, Fully Charged
Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
Step 8 Pulse, Maintenance Charging
Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.
About CTEK Chargers
CTEKS chargers are the smallest battery chargers in the world, designed and developed in Sweden. They are highly versatile, easy to use, compact battery chargers and proven award winners.
CTEK chargers are ideally suited to a wide range of applications, including cars, caravans, motorbikes, trucks, boats, jet skis, ride on mowers, tractors and virtually any other situation where a lead acid, traction or leisure battery is used.
CTEK chargers are both rechargers where batteries are low, and maintenance chargers where you want the charge to maintain the state of the battery over long periods.
CTEK chargers are supplied OE to Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Lamborghini and Harley Davidson.