Dec Superscan 3 Diagnostic Tester
Dec Superscan 3 Diagnostic Tester
For the independent specialist or general garage DEC Superscan 3 is one of the most advanced automotive diagnostic scanners in the world today.
The DEC Superscan 3 is a Laptop based scanner comprising of a small black interface box, about the size of a paperback book, the cable set and the software. All you need is a Windows PC or Laptop to run the software.
The independent garage trade is constantly demanding OEM or near OEM tools to remove the frustration of not being able to carry out higher end ECU vehicle diagnostics. This is especially true when it comes to coding or reprogramming ECUs that are damaged and need replacing.
Introduced in 1999, the Superscan is regarded as one of the World’s most outstanding diagnostic Scantools. Now in its 3rd phase of development, Superscan 3 has evolved into “The Intelligent Scantool”. Discover the incredible capabilities of this truly outstanding scanner...
With a ground up redesign of the Superscan software, the all new Superscan 3 software, AutoScanManager-X or ASM-X, stays ahead of the competition with truly ground breaking new features:
ASM-X – new software that learns from your requirements
The interface and software have been completely redesigned through a combination of many years of experience and customer feedback and now includes a resizable screen that will scale the content to make the best possible use of the screen real estate. The no nonsense main menu is easy to navigate with four options, Diagnosis, MechNet (online and peer to peer collaboration), Customers and Configure.
We have kept all the best parts of the old AutoScanManager that you loved, listened to what you wanted and added new ideas that have never been seen in an aftermarket scan tool before:
With the introduction of the MechNet system, Superscan 3 users can now take advantage of the Internet from within the ASM-X software. Users can ask technical questions related to any diagnostic issue from within the software. Other users can reply and therefore everyone gains knowledge and can fix problems more easily and quickly. Users who contribute the best answers will be rewarded with points that can be used to reduce their ongoing subscription costs. The MechNet Forum also gives users a chance to see all the other user questions and replies. They can learn from others or contribute and help when they are not actually working on a vehicle.
- Ask technical questions with ASM-X direct to other SS users.
- Contribute your own knowledge to the software.
- Browse all the contributions from users outside of ASM-X, just like a normal tech forum. Only for SS users. Contribute & learn from other technicians. Save time, next time.
Tags - Knowledge Empowers
The Superscan 3’s new ASM-X software gives users never before seen functionality like the new TAG function that empowers the user to gain and share Knowledge. This can be used in resolving fault codes with notes not only updated by other Superscan users, but also from the worldwide technical support team. Knowledge items can be tagged to car models, ECUs or even to specific DTCs, live data streams or Coding configurations. Users have the option to either save them for future reference or even to publish them for the Superscan 3 user network to benefit from.
- Add any knowledge item you like to virtually any part of the ASM-X software. Answers from MechNet or just things you know or want to remember automatically.
- Tag them to car models, ECUs or even to specific DTCs, Live Data streams or Coding configurations etc.
- Save them just for your own use or publish them for every SS3 user to benefit from (all Knowledge items may be moderator approved). Never forget a solution or ask the same question twice.
- Fine tune ASM-X to your needs - greater flexibility.
- Resize the screen or scale it however you want.
- Change measurements to those you prefer. Get what you want from your software.
- Automatic configuration of SS software modules and security codes when you are connected to the Net.
- USB driver and Bluetooth port configuration is completely automatic. Save time - no configuration hassles.
- ASM-X will remember every vehicle you have ever diagnosed from the VIN , the Number Plate or other unique data you enter – indefinitely.
- All the data from any diagnostic session you perform, can be stored by user choice – every DTC is stored automatically.
- All the stored data is retrievable at any time in the future when you work on the same vehicle
The new ASM-X software works with all currently subscribed Superscan II users as well.
The vehicles are covered by the DEC Superscan 3 :
For a detailed full application list of all the vehicles serviced by the DEC Superscan 3, please CLICK THE LOGOS ABOVE
DEC Superscan 3 Technical Specifications
- Windows Based Automotive Multi Brand Scanner
- J2534 compliant (when available)
- OBD2/EOBD compliant
- Built in CAN Bus Analyser
PC / Laptop Requirements
- Superscan 3 - ASM-X software runs on Windows 32 BIT
- OS platform: Win XPsp3, Win VISTA, Windows 7 on any desktop or laptop*
- PC connection is via USB or Bluetooth (supplied).
*Laptop not included
- SS3 base unit
- ALL current SS3 software modules
- OBD 16pin cable
- SS3 internal Bluetooth
- 12 months software updates
- Free training course at Mt HQ within 6 months of ownership
- NEW Mercedes Benz software module