Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
At Hickleys Ltd we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Personal Data Policy
Hickleys Limited collects and stores personal data about its customers as most businesses do in this digital age. We have set out the details of our Data Policy below. Please take time to read it.
How do we collect your personal data?
You may give us your Identity, Contact, Special Category and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for a credit account with us
- Create an account on our websites
- Order or purchase our products or services
- Subscribe to our services or newsletters
- Entering competitions
- Interacting with us on social media
What data do we collect?
- Identity Data – Title, first name, last name, user name
- Contact Data – Billing address, contact address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data – Credit card registered address
- Transactional Data – data and location of purchase, products and services purchased and delivery address as well as method of payment
- Profile Data – your username and password; purchases or orders made by you; your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; CCTV footage showing your image; car number plate.
- Technical Data – Equipment type, model and version you own or operate including serial numbers, model and version and software, calibration and service history.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your identity, contact address, transaction and financial details for the following purposes
- To register you as a new customer
- To process orders, supply goods or services and calibrations
- To manage and collect payments
We use your identity, contact address, profile, transaction and technical data to deliver relevant website content and advertising to you and monitor the effectiveness of any advertising. We also use it to make suggestions to you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We will use your identity, contact, profile and technical data to manage our relationship with you, to administer our business and to maintain our security measures.
The basis for processing your personal data for the above are (a) Performance of a contract with you and (b) Necessary for our legitimate business interests.
Disclosure of personal data
Do we sell your data with other parties? No.
Where you buy specific types of equipment which require registration with the manufacturer for software updates, technical support or warranty purposes, we may provide the manufacturer with your name, address, contact details and the model and date of purchase.
We may also share your data where we are legally obliged to e.g. to comply with a court order.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time through our website or by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law