Texa Navigator TXT MULTIHUB
Texa Navigator TXT MULTIHUB
The top-of-the-range solution. Versatile, quick, and intuitive in any situation.
In recent years, the diffusion of electronics on board vehicles has been exponential and has reached a very high level of complexity. Today repair specialists must be capable of working at their best on different types of vehicles, with different diagnostic protocols and multiple connection modes.
In such a context, TEXA developed TXT MULTIHUB, an extremely versatile vehicle interface that easily adapts to maintenance activities making them quick and intuitive, in any situation.
It is a technologically advanced solution, rich in unique technical and constructive features, such as: the possibility to operate in 5 environments, the presence of a built-in display, the IP53 certified rugged design, an intelligent connectivity guaranteed by the Linux operating system, the management of CAN FD, DoIP, Pass-Thru protocols and much more.
A unique tool, for all the environments
TXT MULTIHUB is the only diagnostic tool capable of intervening on cars, heavy-duty vehicles, motorcycles, boats, agricultural and construction vehicles. At all times it guarantees unparalleled performances so to complete operations the best way possible, with maximum customer satisfaction.
Great usability, thanks to the built-in display
TXT MULTIHUB is equipped with a practical backlit display that gives it great usability and the possibility to view the information based on three types of messages:
- communication mode with the display unit
- charging voltage of the battery in the vehicle it is connected to
- operating status that can be standard diagnosis, DoIP Wi-Fi, DoIP Ethernet, Pass-Thru.
Furthermore, it allows having constant control on the tool’s operation: it reproduces more than 40 messages that provide technicians with all the information they need during diagnostic operations.
Battery voltage at a glance
TXT MULTIHUB indicates in the display, in real time, the voltage of the battery in the vehicle it is connected to. This is essential in order to carry out certain diagnostic operations such as an adjustment.
Robust, practical, handy. A “rugged tool” perfect in any situation
TXT MULTIHUB is equipped with a special reinforced body with anti-shock corners. Its certified protection level is IP53, therefore it resists splashes of water and dust. Furthermore, the military standard MIL-STD 810G transit drop test allows it to absorb impacts and falls. All these features allow the tool to give its best in any operating situation.
TXT MULTIHUB is also very handy and nice to see thanks to its special “rugged design” and to the aesthetic care it was built with.
No limits” connectivity - a true MULTIHUB
The interface uses an advanced connectivity; it allows mechanics to work on any type of vehicle that enters the workshop with great flexibility and rapidity. The tool communicates with the display unit through:
- a Wi-Fi module for the diagnostic operations that use standard CAN, CAN FD and DoIP
- a network cable (Ethernet) reserved for DoIP operations (ISO 13400)
- a Bluetooth module for conventional diagnoses
- a USB socket for all types of diagnosis, including the Pass-Thru (SAE J2534-1 and SAE J2534-2).
CAN FD, for high-intensity data transmission
The CAN FD (Controller Area Network Flexible Data-Rate) protocol allows transferring information, even largesized, 5 times quicker. With TXT MULTIHUB even managing this communication standard is easy and intuitive.
Built-in DoIP, even wireless
TXT MULTIHUB allows easily performing the diagnosis on vehicles equipped with DoIP
(Diagnostic over Internet Protocol) technology, even in Wi-Fi. This standard, developed to manage the massive presence of electronics in vehicles and the impressive mass of elaborated diagnostic data, requires using a connection based on the IP protocol.
Pass-Thru, direct access to the manufacturers’ data
TXT MULTIHUB, as already stated, is ready to operate in any configuration, even passing from a standard diagnosis to Pass-Thru in a completely automatic way. It is compliant with the SAE J2534-1 and SAE J2534-2 regulations, therefore it can connect to a vehicle and provide direct access to maintenance and diagnostic data made available by the vehicle manufactures and essential, for example, to update the software in one or more control units.
The best Wi-Fi configuration Station or Hotspot
TXT MULTIHUB can connect to the display unit in Station configuration, thus using of the workshop’s W-Fi network or, alternatively, a smartphone. This option guarantees greater coverage and a quicker exchange of data between the IDC5 software and the TEXA VCI.
In Hotspot configuration, instead, a “point-to-point” wireless connection can be creates between the TXT MULTIHUB and the display tool. This is a very useful option when the workshop does not have a Wi-Fi connection, but the diagnostic operations requires greater coverage and speed, features that the Bluetooth cannot guarantee.
Linux “on-board” operating system a continuously evolving interface
TXT MULTIHUB is equipped with the Linux operating system that gives it great usability and the possibility to evolve, adapting without problems to new future functions. Furthermore, Linux improves its IT security and efficiency thanks to the communication in Smart mode: the interface automatically switches the channels based on the workshop dynamics and on the types of diagnosis, and always chooses the best connection available without the mechanic having to intervene.
The Texa Navigator TXTs can be purchased on the following pages:
- Main processor
- Type: iMX6 1 GHz
- RAM: 512 MByte
- Mass Storage: eMMC 8 GByte
- Type: STM32F439 168 MHz
- RAM: 2 MByte SRAM, 8 MByte SDRAM
- Flash: 2 MByte
- Power supply connector: PWR: 2.1 DC jack
- Power supply: 12 - 24 Vdc (from vehicle battery via OBD connector or specific wirings)
- Consumption: 1 A @12 V max
- USB connectors
- USB: USB 2.0 host type A max 1 A out
- USB DEVICE: USB 2.0 device type B (priority connector)
- Bluetooth communication: Bluetooth 5.0 (BDR/EDR/LE)
- WiFi communication: WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Operational band: 2400 ÷ 2483.5 MHz
- Maximum radio frequency power transmitted: 10 dBm (2400 ÷ 2483,5 MHz)
- Diagnostic connectors
- DIAGNOSIS: DSUB-26HD (ISO 22900-1)
- DoIP: RJ45 (UDP/TCP 13400)
- Electronic switch: 2-way, 13 independent positions
- Control units reprogramming connector: PV (SAE J2534-1)
- User interface: Display OLED 64x128 dot
- Operating temperature: 0 ÷ 50 °C
- Storage temperature: - 20 ÷ 60 °C
- Supported protocols
- Blink codes
- K, L (with current protection 100 mA), ISO9141-2, ISO14230
- CAN ISO11898-2 High Speed
- Second ISO11898-2 CAN channel
- Second ISO11898-2:2016 CAN FD channel
- CAN ISO 11898-3 LOW Speed
- CAN SAE J2411 Single Wire
- SAE J1850 PWM
- SAE J1850 VPW
- SAE J2534-1
- SAE J1708
- UDP/TCP ISO 13400 (DoIP)
- Operating moisture: 10 ÷ 80 % without condensation
- Dimensions [mm]: 176,1 x 175,4 x 46,8
- Weight: 600 g
- IP protection level: IP53 * (*) With properly closed protective caps
- RoHS 2011/65/UE
- RED 2014/53/UE
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- ETSI EN 301 489-1
- ETSI EN 301 489-17
- Radio systems: ETSI EN 300 328
- Electrical safety
- EN 62638-1/AC:2015
- EN 62311:2008
Texa Laser Examiner
The Laser Examiner is a small practical tool to objectively measure brake disk wear with an accuracy of a tenth of a millimetre without having to remove the wheel from the vehicle. You can also measure tire tread wear using a simple adapter.
This tool integrates perfectly with the TXT.
For more details, visit the Texa Laser Examiner page.