BMW Key Reader
BMW Key Reader
NOTE: This Key reader does not come with software to read keys, the application is run via the BMW AOS website and subscription is required directly with BMW to be able to reprogram keys.
Once the vehicle key is placed into the KeyReader pad, the binary key data (from SIA 3) is interpreted in the background of the application and the corresponding vehicle is loaded into the application with the interpreted data.
How to use
Place the vehicle key into the KeyReader and wait for confirmation of the KeyReader in the form of a beep. Once the "Read" button has been activated, the"Service data (vehicle key data)" page is displayed.
In the service consultation core process, the user can then proceed with compiling the necessary service tasks (menu items service data, technical campaigns, order base). For the user to be able to read a key in ISPA Light, you must have connected a KeyReader to the computer and the associated software must have been installed (can be seen from the green square in the bottom right beside the small icons adjacent to the time in the Windows task bar). The user then inserts the key to be read into the KeyReader, waits for confirmation of the KeyReader in the form of a sound signal and clicks on the "Read" button.
When the user is prompted about accepting the certificate of an applet, he/she clicks on "Always". If he/she clicks "No", the key cannot be read out (there is then no read access to the file KEYREADER.BIN). Key reading (automatic and manual) is implemented via a Java applet. The Java applet console, which is provided by the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), must be configured for logging actions - see Control panel -""Java"" on the workshop PC running ISPA Light. In the corresponding configuration page (in the Advanced tab), ensure that the Java console has been launched. The exact descriptions of the settings depend on the Java version used; JRE 1.6.24 or higher is recommended.
- Customers need to either have an existing BMW subscription or will need to carry out the registration process.
- If you display any BMW logos on your website this may delay / cancel their application until they are removed.
- When laptop is purchased we will help with customer registration. They will need details such as passport number, website URL, VAT registration details company house registration etc
- Registration takes approx. 48hours
- Subscription cost is £100 per year
- Credits needs to be added to the account to set up tool approx. 1credit =1 Euro. We will invoice this to you at time of set up.
Purchase the BMW Key Reader in a package with the following:
- "Proactively supported" refurbished laptop *
- 1 months product support
* Laptop is a re-furbished business spec laptop with a program that allows it to be remotely supported and monitored. Min spec is 250HDD 4GB Ram i5 processor. If our laptop is purchased and is kept in tech support contract for 2 years, we will replace the laptop FOC after 2 years use. Tech support is hardware and software support, not vehicle tech support.
We are able to offer a Guaranteed Genuine Equipment Product Support Service for the above product.
1 HOUR Support
Alternatively if you already have a genuine interface and want our high quality product support, after paying the sign-on fee you can benefit from the same high quality product support.