Durametric Porsche Diagnostic Tester - Hardware
The hardware consists of two pieces. The main piece is an adapter cable which has one end that plugs into the USB port of a laptop or desktop computer. Since the hardware supports USB it is compatible with most computers. The second cable is a model specific cable that plugs into the diagnostic connector found under the dashboard of the car.
Currently we offer one cable that is used on all 1996 and newer cars. We also offer an adapter cable for connections to cars made before 1996 that have a round diagnostic connector.
If you purchase an interface adapter, you are entitled to free software updates for as long as you own the hardware.
- ISO 9141-1
- ISO 9141-2
- Keyword 2000, KWP2000
- Windows XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8 (32- or 64-bit versions)
- 1.8 GHz Pentium-class, dual-core processor or faster (ARM processor such as on Windows Surface using WinRT not supported)
- 1 GB Memory (RAM)
- 1 GB available disk space
- Available USB port
- Internet connection (for installation and updates)
- Screen resolution of 800x600 or greater
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 (free download). Not required on Windows 7. - .NET Framework version 4.x not supported.
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader (for viewing and printing documentation)
- Durametric 2nd-generation cable (?)